Travel Queries related to COVID 19 issues
- How to rebook my Air India Express booking due to disruptions?a) If your booking is for travel yet to commence, then you can modify your booking through our website http://www.airindiaexpress.in and go to “Manage my Booking” to avail the zero date change fee facility. Fare difference, if any, will be applicable.(b) If your travel date was on flights which did not operate due COVID 19 Government Notifications, you can modify your booking through our City Office or Call Centre, once the flight operations are back to normal.Due to the lockdown situation in most countries around the world, many of the City offices may not be operational. This leads to unprecedented call volumes. You may experience longer hold time. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
- I have already cancelled my PNR due to the uncertain travel conditions, can I retrieve my cancelled booking and modify again?Cancelled PNRs cannot be modified.
- Is there any fee for modification of my flight to a different date?If your booking date is within 30th April 2020 and travel date is within 30th September 2020, you can modify your booking with zero date change fee. Fare difference, if any, may be applicable.
- Will I be informed regularly by the airline through SMS or mail regarding any recent updates that affect my travel plan?Please follow our social media handles and website to know the latest updates regarding COVID-19 travel restrictions.You will be informed via SMS or mail by the airline, if your flight has been cancelled. Please ensure that the correct email ID and phone number has been provided in your PNR.
- Why am I charged for cancellation when I did not cancel my flight and the cancellation is done by the airline?Neither the airline nor the passenger has cancelled the flight on its own volition. The airline has suspended the flights due to government regulations. We are providing full value of your current booking when you rebook for your travel within 27th March 2021.
- If I do not cancel my flight, will auto-cancellation take place and will I be refunded automatically. Do I need to cancel my ticket on my own and request for refund?Currently, there is no auto-cancellation of the PNRs. However, we are offering modification with zero date change fee for travel up to 27th March 2021
- If I do not cancel my ticket, will it remain active for me to modify to a future date, when I am ready to fly?Yes, you may modify your booking to any date for your travel within 27th March 2021.It is recommended that you do not cancel your ticket. Once you have firmed up your travel date, you may contact our City Office or Call Centre.
- If the modified ticket fare is lower than the original fare, will the airline credit the difference in money to my account?No, the difference in fare would not be refunded.
- In case the lockdown extends and the flights are not operational after 3rd May 2020, can I rebook to another date without extra charge?Yes, you may rebook with zero date change fee. Fare difference, if any, may apply.
- Why is my refund delayed despite repeated reminders?Due to the present circumstances, we have limited number of employees at our offices and many offices are non operational due to lock down situations. Therefore, it may take some time to process your refund. We request your patience and understanding regarding this matter.
- If I reschedule for a future date and if the flight operations are not resumed on that day, can I re-modify for free or not?Yes, you can modify using zero date change facility. Fare difference, if any, may apply. You may modify your booking to any date for your travel within 27th March 2021.
- I had booked tickets for our family and now we have decided to travel only next year. We do not want to hold the ticket. Can we get full refund since we do not want to travel on modified dates?We are giving the option to modify your ticket with zero date change fee. Fare difference, if any, may be applicable. If you still wish to cancel, cancellation charges may apply.
- Till what date can I modify my booking for my travel?You may modify your booking for travel within 27th March 2021.
- Already I have booked and rescheduled the flights due to COVID-19. At the time of modification, I have paid the fare difference and service charges. As the airline has cancelled the operations, should I pay the fare difference once again for rebooking?You can modify your booking again with zero date change penalty. Depending on the date of travel, fare difference may or may not apply.
- Why am I not able to connect to any City/Airport Offices? The Call Centre numbers are either busy or has a long hold time.Air India Express Call Centre numbers in India are +91 44 40013001 or +91 44 24301930.Due to the lockdown situation in most countries around the world, most of the City offices may not be operational. Due to unprecedented call volumes during these difficult times, you may experience longer hold time. If not urgent, we request you to contact our Call Centre or City Office after flight operations are back to normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.
- What would happen if I cancel my booking?Depending on when you made the booking and what is your travel date, cancellation charges may apply.
FOR ANY HELP OR ONLINE BOOKINGS HELPDESK
Landline Number : 01874-501800
Mobile Number : +91 8146526257
E mail ID : admin@travelX.co.in