1.What is a credit shell?
It is a credit note created against a cancelled PNR to be used for a future booking, for the same passenger/s.
2.When and how do I get a credit shell?
If your flight is suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak, a credit shell has been automatically created by us against your PNR
3.Where can I view my credit shell balance?
You can easily view your credit shell balance on your itinerary. Click here to retrieve your itinerary and check your balance.
Visit www.goindigo.in → Edit booking → Retrieve itinerary
4.What is the credit shell validity?
A credit shell is valid for use up to 1 year from the date of issuance.
5.How can I redeem my credit shell?
You can now easily make an online booking using your credit shell.
Step 1: Proceed to search for a flight of your choice
Step 2: On the payment page, select ‘use credit shell’
Step 3: Enter PNR/Booking reference and email ID/last name
Step 4: Enter mobile number linked to your booking (for guest user)
Step 5: Confirm OTP (for guest user)
Step 6: Click on the ‘Redeem’ button
You can alternatively:
- Live chat with us
- Message us on Facebook or Tweet us at @IndiGo6E
- Call our customer service – Due to nationwide lockdown, our call centre services are temporarily suspended
- Visit airport ticketing counters – applicable after the lockdown is lifted
Remember to quote your PNR details when you connect with us on these channels.
For Travel Agency Booking – To utilize credit shell, customers are requested to contact the respective travel agency.
6.What are the terms and conditions associated with credit shell?
Below are the terms and conditions of credit shell policy usage:
- The credit shell is valid to book until 1 year from the date of creation. You may choose your travel date as per your convenience.
- The credit shell is non-transferable. It can be used for travel only by those customers who were booked in the original PNR.
- In case of multiple passengers, the amount will get equally divided and utilized accordingly.
7.Can I use my credit shell partially?
Yes, and balance can be used before expiration of credit shell.
8.I do not want credit shell and want my money back.
The Airline cancellation is due to the lockdown imposed to manage the outbreak of corona virus. That is why we’re providing a credit note for all new and existing bookings for travel up to 3rd May, 2020, which can be used for their future travel, valid for 1 year from the date of issuance for the same passenger(s)
9.Can I combine two credit shells to make one reservation?
Only one credit shell can be redeemed in one reservation.
10.Can Credit shell be used to change an existing booking or purchase a 6E add-on service?
Yes, please call our call centre or chat with us for assistance.